Weekend Recap and Goals 11/12

Good afternoon, everyone!

I'm a little late this Monday in getting my stuff posted - my apologies! Today at AA is nothing but meetings, meetings, meetings. Added to my overall physical soreness after 4 hours of cleaning/hauling wood/weeding from yesterday, and it's just been a doozy of a morning.

Something not on last week's checklist that I accomplished is reading the lecture notes to Margie Lawson's Defeating Self-Defeating Behavior class, cover to cover. I've identified Patti as my Change Coach (and she's agreed to the role!) and so you'll find steps towards beginning the journey outlined in Margie's work in this week's goals.

Here's a recap of my goals from last week, and the results. Patti was prophetic when she wished me success in achieving 50% - I hit about 70% - which, although not ideal, is better than nothing!

1. Swap out furniture/decorations, pick up new furniture - check!
2. NaNoWriMo - Heck, no! I'm even further behind now! ARGH! I've written an EVEN MORE agressive catch up plan, however, and by God, if it kills me, this WIP is going to get finished.
3. Patti's interview/review - Yeah, didn't hit this either. Dang it. It MUST get done between today and tomorrow, since her book now releases on WEDNESDAY!
4. Blogging - Check! I posted a bunch here, once on my other blog, and created a new editorial blog for myself to boot. Yahoo!
5. Press release, Isabel - Check! We spoke by phone on Thursday - it will be finished this week!
6. Applications - other writing jobs - Semi-Check - still a few to go.
7. Writing - 10 freelance articles - Semi-Check. Got a few, not all.
8. Welcome my mother-in-law to my house! - Check! She's settling in well.
9. Work out final details for dad traveling down next week. - Check! If my mother changes anything at this point, I'll be fit to be tied.
10. Have a great week! - Check!

Now for this week:
1. Part 1: Write updated press release for Patti's novel, The Daddy Spell, to be released by The Wild Rose Press on 11/14/07. MUST BE DONE MONDAY NIGHT. Part 2: Finish writing Patti's author interview and book review. MUST BE DONE BY TUESDAY NIGHT.
2. Part 1: Finish writing Isabel's press release for her novel, Johanna, to be released by Awe-Struck on 11/22/07. MUST BE DONE BY TUESDAY NIGHT. Part 2: Finish writing Isabel's author interview. MUST BE DONE BY WEDNESDAY NIGHT.
3. Begin working through exercises from DSDB. Set first review session with Patti.
4. NaNo - I need to be at 15k words by 11:59 PM on November 15th, so 2500 words per day between now and then. ACK!
5. Writing apps - still a few in progress. Must close out.
6. Web site - I've fiddled with the damn thing so much that I'm starting to hate it and it isn't even posted yet. Must get it up. Like now.
7. Freelance - 10 articles.
8. Blogging - total of 10 posts between my three blogs (not including Fredericksen blog, but I'll try to get something up over there as well).
9. Pick up dad/uneventful trip home from PA to establish him in my household.
10. Have a great week!

And I hope you do the same!

Tiffany

2 comments

  1. You have sooo much to do, I dont know how on earth you have time for sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep? That's a funny concept in my world...somehow, I just never budget enough time in to actually wind down, so I've lived on 4 +/- hours per night since high school...oh, well. You get used to it after awhile. Having said that, I've got a bit more writing to do, then off to bed so I can at least remind myself where it is before the alarm goes off at 6! :-)

    ReplyDelete