Tom Cruise Takes On Politics

(Post Transferred from my formerly stand-alone blog, Tiffany Takes On.)

Tom Cruise as a Republican Senator with his eyes set on the Presidency? Has the world gone mad?

In the latest Tom Cruise flick, released 11/9/07 and entitled Lions for Lambs, the great man himself plays a politician on a mission: to introduce a new war strategy for Afghanistan while making himself a shoo-in for the White House.

Now, I love Tom Cruise. Dearly. And his performances in other political or military movies such as Top Gun and A Few Good Men are just phenomenal. In fact, Top Gun is one of my favorite movies of all time - I do believe I could recite the entire script from start to finish. (Given enough beer, that is.)

But the political views of Tom Cruise more readily identify with his role in Born on the Fourth of July than his current release. Which is why I love him for his acting...not his views.

Like I said above...has the world gone mad? The oft-outspoken Cruise has beliefs that are typically so far to the left end of the political spectrum that binoculars might be necessary to find them. Playing a Republican??? All I can say is that this is a movie I desperately need to see.

Ok, and Meryl Streep? Exactly how many face lifts has that woman had? She's 58 and has the smooth, taut skin of a teenager. I'm amazed...perhaps her own radical views of the world are the output of the wrinkles tucked behind her ears.

I invite all of you to go see this movie and share your opinions back here with me. I plan to see it as soon as I have a spare few moments...and you can bet I'll post my reactions when I do!

Read more here: Cruise Rolls Out 'Lions for Lambs'.


Take Care,

Tiffany
(No Comments Transferred; original posting date 11/10/07, 12:17 PM.)

Post a Comment