Thanksgiving Weekend Recap

Hi, everyone!

Sorry to have missed out on sharing my Thursday Thirteen and Friday Feast with you this past week - it was low-key all the way, and I've been off the computer and doing stuff around the house since Wednesday night - LOVE IT!

Thanksgiving was great at our house - we so enjoyed having everyone over! I, of course, enjoyed cooking and fussing. I'll let the pictures do my talking for me! (With captions, of course!) (No touch-ups, by the way...just don't have time to do that right now!)

We had a ton of fun cooking...our alarms went off at 7:30 and we didn't stop moving until food was on the table for a 2:30 dinner! We did take about 45 minutes at 11:00 to shower and pretty ourselves up, though...how do we look?

Going around the table...the empty seat in the top left corner is mine, then clockwise from me is Kristen (friend), Karen (mother-in-law), Don (Chris' uncle, Patti's husband), Patti (Chris' aunt, writer extroidonaire), Zachary (alrighty, so you can't see him, but he's there...his bouncy was on the floor), Anne (Chris' cousin, Patti's oldest), Jamie (Chris' cousin, Patti's middle), Becca (John's fiancee), John (Chris' cousin, Patti's youngest), and Chris (my husband - duh!). We were joined later by Charlie (Jamie's S.O.) and friends Timo and Kay, just in time for desert. As a special treat, my brother-in-law, currently serving a 15-month stint in Iraq, called for about 20 minutes and got to talk to all of us in turn, and his kids, our niece Julia and nephew Aubrey, called to talk to us all as well as soon as they got home from school. (They live in Canada, but lived in the U.S. up until a year ago.)

Since Zachary wasn't really in the last picture, here he is later in the day, being babysat by our Chihuahua, Naya.


By ourselves again, at the end of a long day. (Ignore my red eyes...too much wine and I got emotional.)



And now, for Christmas!

This is what it looks like when an 18-pound cat named Frankie decides to cram himself into a holiday decorative card holder that measures 12 x 8 x 6.


Our tree...


With Audrey busily contemplating how to climb it! (And yes, Audrey is named after Audrey Hepburn...kudos if you can guess Frankie's namesake!)

Hope your holiday was wonderful as well, and for my friends outside of the U.S., hope you had a terrific and relaxing weekend!

Tiffany

2 comments

  1. I LOVE the bookshelves above your bay window, above the tree. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll have to post more house pictures at some point...after we bought it, we were supposed to post before and afters, but although I took the pix, I never put together a digital album. That room is actually a library - it comes off the living room in a half circle and has two full walls of shelves and then the shelves above the three windows. For me, it was one of the selling points...it was the first time I had enough book shelves!! :-) And now they're full. Haha!

    ReplyDelete