I'm Certifiable!!!

YAHOOOOOOOO!

I passed my PHR certification exam this morning - yippee!!

PHR stands for Professional, Human Resources, and is a certification program administered by the Human Resources Certification Institute, in affiliation with the Society for Human Resource Management.

Notwithstanding the fact that I would have felt considerable pain in my pocketbook to pay $300 to take this test and FAIL it, it is a huge professional accomplishment to obtain this certification. The overall test passage rate is only about 60% and the certification is looked upon extremely favorably in hiring and promotion practices.

The test is comprised of 225 questions, and you are alloted 4 hours to complete. (I finished with 90 minutes remaining.) The scaled passing score is 500 on a scale of 100 to 700. How that translates into number of correctly answered questions, I have not a clue. I'll update ya when I get my detailed score report...right now I just have a prelim certificate that says that I PASSED!!

So it's celebration time. I'm excited. Can ya tell??

This also means that I have checked off an item from my 101 in 1001 list - 1 down, 100 to go, 981 days remaining!

Post a Comment