Two Tags and a Rant

Howdy, folks!

This is kind of another one of those "move along, nothing to see here" kinds of posts...but not quite.

Still having a busy, busy, busy week, and it's only going to get worse. But I wanted to acknowledge that I've been tagged for two MeMes, and also express a slight rant.

Thanks to Siani for tagging me in a link love MeMe. I'll get my own version up with a new link ASAP. Always nice to spread the love!

Thanks also to "Twinkle Mom" for tagging me for "Six non-important things/habits/quirks" MeMe - sounds like fun and it'll definitely get the juices flowing in my brain.

And now, a slight rant.

So...my last post was about entering Nathan Bransford's Surprisingly Essential First Page Challenge. In my post, I mention that a few other bloggers have joined in the fun and were also offering critiques of the entries.

Well...it seems a few delicate writers got their knickers in a knot and raised a holy fuss. "How dare random people critique me when I've publicly posted my content."

Get real, dude. First, if you're looking to write solely for your own pleasure, keep your notes in your diary and don't share it around. If it gets posted to the web, it's considered public content. Period. That doesn't mean people can steal it, but it DOES mean the people can offer their own opinions.

Second, if you only want "nice" feedback from people who love you, go share your drivel with your mother. If you want REAL feedback, you're going to have to accept that CRITICISM FROM UNBIASED PARTIES IS ESSENTIAL TO DEVELOPMENT.

And finally, if you can't take feedback from a few well-intentioned folks trying to ensure that every contest entry got it's 15 seconds of fame, you will never do well with exposing your work to the general public - AKA, seeking publications.

People so annoy me sometimes.

3 comments

  1. YOu know I tried to reply yesterda7y but Google reader went haywire on me and I gave up in frustration. I like what you have entered.
    You know I want honest critiques from people, it helps me. I know I make goofs in my writing. We all do.
    So AMEN sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the anonymous nature of such contests--inviting a snark because that's the reader you will get in the bookstore. I want to know if the first 500 words suck or suck you in!

    I entered :-)

    Good luck, Tiff--I like your entry. Kidlet's not allowing a more in-depth crit at the moment...

    ReplyDelete