Friday Feast #9

Ok, I'm still sick. But I feel guilty that I said I wasn't doing a TT yesterday and then ended up posting stuff later on anyways...so here we go! Friday Feast #9, and then I'm heading my sick butt back to bed!

Appetizer
What is your middle name? Would you change any of your names if you could? If so, what would you like to be called?
I have several middle names, actually! First, the middle name I was given at birth is Anne - it's my maternal grandmother's first name and my paternal grandmother's middle name. (Modified slightly in both cases...one was Anna, the other Ann.) I was baptized as "Anne" because "Tiffany" is not an "approved" name for baptism.

Second, the middle name I took on when I was Confirmed by the Roman Catholic Church at age 15 is Elizabeth, for my Patron Saint, Elizabeth Ann Seton. In what I've always believed to be a clever play on names, I actually stuck this in before Anne when I was filling out my paperwork for the church.

Third, I now also use my maiden name as a middle name upon occasion. Legally, according to the Social Security Administration, I am Tiffany Anne Aller - but in the case of places/people who have still not changed their records to my maiden name, I typically simply use Tiffany Lewis Aller.

And ideally, at some point, I would like my legal paperwork to reflect all three names - I feel all are important to my identity!

Soup
If you were a fashion designer, which fabrics, colors, and styles would you probably use the most?
Oh, boy. Yeah, I don't have much fashion sense. So let's see. I'd probably use a lot of silk - I love the feel of silk against skin. Maybe satin, too. Colors? Lots of blues, some purples, some greens. Very watery-flowy. Style? Yeah, that's the problem. Who knows. I usually aim for comfort.

Salad
What is your least favorite chore, and why?
That's an easy one. I DESPISE cleaning out the kitty litter box.

Main Course
What is something that really frightens you, and can you trace it back to an event in your life?
Snakes. Nope, no event. Never been bit, although have encountered quite a few, both in controlled and wild settings. They're just EVIL looking little suckers.

Dessert
Where are you sitting right now? Name 3 things you can see at this moment.
Kitchen table - I gave up my office to my mother-in-law so she could have pretty constant access to the desktop up there. So this is my new office. For the next few months at least. Let's see...I can see my juice glass, my box of kleenex, and my digital camera.

Happy Weekend, ya'll. It'll probably be awhile until I can get around to you to say hi and comment on your feasts, but I promise I will as soon as I'm back up and hopefully feeling better!

Post a Comment