Preparing for Leave

Happy Monday, ya'll! Thanks for stopping by, and make sure to see the reader response questions below so you can respond with your opinions!

On this Manic Monday, I'm hyper aware that I only have a few weeks left to wrap things up at my job and transition my projects and on-going duties to the folks who will be backing me up while I'm on maternity leave.

Things have not exactly gone according to plan. My major project is running behind - by a lot! I just got more news today that will impact my progress. ACK! My overall transition plan as well as my plan for my leave as a whole is still in development. When my father passed away at the beginning of the month and I subsequently missed 1.5 weeks of work, I came back feeling like I was way off track and would never catch up.

But Spoiled Baby isn't going to wait for her Frazzled Mommy to catch up at work!

So I'm interested in hearing what all of your BTDT (been there, done that) parents have to say!
  • What did you do to prepare for your maternity/paternity leaves?
  • How did you draw up your project plans so that the work of your positions would continue while you were out?
  • Did you do any work from home or any part-time work while you were still technically on leave?
  • What other advice can you share?
Thanks for participating! For another chance to share your opinion, scroll down to the previous post or click here to let me know what aspects of your life you gave up when you first started your families!

1 comment

  1. I didn't have to do much for my job before leave, but I work in a bank, so someone was just assigned to cover for me basically. I only took off 8 weeks and then went back.

    ReplyDelete