Finding the Right Host

I've been talking quite a lot recently about my current blogs, my new efforts, and the work I've done in the past with maintaining web sites/blogs purely for revenue. Obviously, one of my biggest concerns, as someone who enjoys making money online, is the hosting plans I set up for my sites. For my "free" blogs here at Blogspot, not an issue. But for the sites where I own the domain (currently a half dozen or so), having the right combination of fair pricing, consistent uptime, and ease of use is so important to me when I look at hosting. I've been burned in the past...cheapest ain't always the best option!

In any case, I wanted to share a comparison web site with you that I found - it takes a look at various hosting options and gives web hosting rating metrics to help you make decisions. (This site is to web hosting as "PowerToChoose" is to electric providers.) Beyond simply comparing the many, many hosting companies out there, the site also has a great directory of advice articles to help make decision-making easy. The best I found so far was "The Advantages and Disadvantages of Shared Hosting."

If you have some decisions coming up, or are just curious, go check out this site. It makes comparison shopping for great hosting services a cinch!

Post a Comment