Making My House Complete

I've talked quite a bit about my house on this blog in the past, and especially about all of the work we've done here to make it uniquely ours, between actual physical work and the special items we've found to add to our collection. One item I've long considered and that I think would make a perfect addition to our Victorian-styled home is a Grandfather clock.

In my travels around the web, I came across a really neat store that sells beautiful grandfather clocks. Called 1-800-4Clocks, the offer all sorts of great incentives including free shipping for orders over $100, free in-home set-up, and no tax outside of New York state. All that on top of selling beautiful Grandfather clocks!

They have a good selection of brands, but the one I spent the most amount of time checking out was Howard Miller Grandfather clocks. Take a look at this clock - wouldn't it look fabulous in my house, especially next to my fireplace? Too bad the price is, uh, a wee bit out of my range!

In addition to running their store, this organization also runs a neat blog dedicated to Grandfather clocks. After browsing for awhile, I found a post about using Grandfather clocks to fill space in large homes. Perfect - gives me more justification for wanting one, right, since our home is fairly large? They make reference to needing to fill space...but we'll just ignore the fact that our house is already quite full. Besides, for a Grandfather clock, I'll create space.

If you've ever considered adding a Grandfather clock to your home, I'd recommend checking out their website and blog - I was quite impressed!

Post a Comment