Anyone See a Band Wagon?

I've been having terrible problems sleeping over the past few weeks. Ok, truth be told, I've been having sleeping issues most of my life, but over the past few weeks, with so much on my mind between Dad and the baby, I've been lucky to get two straight hours at a time of sleep. Newborns sleep more than I do.

Last night, I tried valiantly to go to bed early but just couldn't get my mind to shut off. So what was I up doing?

Joining a few band wagons! Yeah, cause what else would I do at 1 AM?

I like to think that I'm a fairly technologically hip person. I really do. But turns out that I've missed a few crazes, namely Twitter and EntreCard. So look out, readers. I've joined both.

So far, I've added my Twitter feed to two of my blogs: Breakfast at Tiffany's and How to Have a Baby. I've also added widgets to my Facebook and MySpace accounts. And I've "Twittered" once. This may take awhile to get up to speed...

For EntreCard, I've joined, accepted advertisers that will last throughout the rest of the week, went around to people's blogs that I knew had EntreCard and "dropped" and was "dropped" on a few times. My big hurdle with this is that (A) I need to create myself one of those cute little badges and (B) I need to get this on my How to Have a Baby blog as well because new readers over there would be fabulous. Again, this could take awhile to get up to speed.

Anyone out in the blogosphere want to comment on their experiences with Twitter or EntreCard? I'd love to hear what you have to say!!

I'll be trying to work through how best to utilize these programs shortly. I'm working from home today and potentially tomorrow, trying to catch up with my work projects since I'm acutely aware that I now have only about 6 to 8 weeks left before I'm out on leave. Other plans include knocking out a few writing assignments (yeah, I now need to do a TON of that...funerals aren't cheap and between needing to help my mom pay for as many of those expenses as I can plus having the expenses that Chris and I incurred over the week we were gone, I'm going to have to either write my butt off or liquidate my savings account which was meant to replace my income when I'm out on maternity leave), starting to catch up on my book blog, working on my new blog launch, and Twittering/EntreCarding! Wish me luck - I have a ton of things to do!

3 comments

  1. Hi,
    I just wanted to tell you about my experience with Entrecard. I have been using it for about two weeks now and I have had a major upswing with traffic at my blog. I would highly recommend it as a way to bring new people in from all over the world. I wish you all the best with your experience with it and also with all that you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, thanks for the drop. :) I'm also a newbie at Entrecard. My advice is to remember those who always reciprocate your drops. I bookmarked those site and consistently drop on them. There are those who don't even bother dropping back so I don't waste my time on them. Always check the profile of the site you want to advertise on to make sure that they are current with their posts and that they are consistent droppers. These people usually get a lot of traffic thus giving your Advert more views and possibly more clicks. It takes a lot of time dropping ECs but it's well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling I am so hooked on Entrecard, all 3 of my blogs have it. Now I know I will have to advertise on yours. Definitely feel free to advertise on mine, though I apologize my prices fluctuate.

    ReplyDelete