School Year Start

Man, Catherine isn't even here yet and I'm feeling rushed by the new school year. What will it be like in a few years when she's in school??

You see, I judge speech and debate tournaments for a handful of local high schools. Yeah, mumble-mumble years past high school myself, and I'm still a debate nerd!

I had a tournament this weekend and it threw off the nice little rhythm and routine I thought I had built for myself to balance my job and my writing and oh yeah - life! I got home way later both Friday and especially Saturday nights and have felt like I'm rushing to get everything else done around it!

Come Monday, Labor Day, a day when I was trying to avoid having any work to do in favor of an all-day relaxation fest...and I have to bang out some writing for a client because I didn't get it done last night; because last night I had friends over and computer issues besides and was working on something that should have been done earlier in the day; because earlier yesterday I was working on something that should have been done Saturday night; because I got home like 4 hours later Saturday night because I was guilt-tripped into judging out rounds; and on goes the cycle.

It's a Manic Monday for sure - and I know there'll be many more to come!

Happy Labor Day, ya'll!

1 comment

  1. Forensics and Debate has started there? I lettered in that in school. How did you get a judging gig, I would love to do that when they have competitions in town...maybe contact the school district?

    ReplyDelete