Winding Down, Gearing Up

Happy Manic Monday, folks!

I'm in two very different modes simultaneously. I'm winding down and gearing up - at the same time.

Winding Down
At work, I'm going through transitioning projects and duties to various coworkers. Even though we'd initially thought I'd have a couple more weeks at work before baby, I'd designated this week in particular for transitions. Perhaps I just knew that Spoiled Baby was going to be even earlier than we thought.

Gearing Up
At home, I'm trying to make sure everything is just so before baby gets here. I've got a big checklist built (ok, I live my entire life by checklists) and have been going through items to feel like I'm ready. From having cash for the hospital (apparently, they make you pay for the difference between a semi-private room and a private room up front since insurance doesn't cover) to having my bags packed and all of my paperwork in order to even making sure that I have reading and writing stuff to keep me busy should I be in labor for a long time...I'm just buzzing around. Well, buzzing around as much as I can with (a) limited energy and (b) doctor's orders to restrict movements.

What do you most remember about the things you tried to accomplish just before the birth of your first child?

Post a Comment