Stupid People & Update

I just saw something that was about the stupidest sentiment ever. And I really hesitate to directly call people stupid, but this was, and as an (a) blogger who likes pointing out idiots and (b) thinking individual, I just have to respond.

It said:

Attention Sarah Palin:
Jesus Christ was a Community Organizer.
Pontius Pilate was a Governor.


Are you freaking kidding me?

No, I'm not arguing the Biblical accuracy of Pilate being a Governor...he was Governor of Judea. Fine.

What I am going to take offense at is calling Jesus a Community Organizer. It's a whole long road from traveling around to bring people the Word of God to "organizing." Although I'm sure Obama would like to be able to raise people from the dead (he'd get more votes), walk on water (sure would help to visit the idiots who refuse to evacuate ahead of the hurricanes), and turn water into wine (this is self-evident), I'm kinda thinking he'd leave the game long before taking on anyone else's sins. Referring to Jesus as a Community Organizer would be akin to labeling Hillary as a non-partisan moderate - it just ain't right, man.

Let me, perhaps, offer a better example of a Community Organizer: Adolf Hitler.
  • He organized people to fight the standards of the government he perceived as mismanaged and wrongheaded.
  • He gathered supporters for the cause of regaining national pride through charismatic speeches and using inflated promises and statistics to gain followers.
  • He wrote a memoir before ever really achieving anything in life.
  • He was not actually a part of the demographic he sought to represent.
I'm going to stop before I frighten myself any further. I'm sure we're all getting the point.

My post has now reached out to Republicans, Democrats, Historians, Jews, Christians and stupid people...my work here is done. (If you're a Buddhist Libertarian, check back another time.)

6 comments

  1. You also need to finish a stack of books. LOL Have a nice weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can sort of see Jesus as a community organizer with those plastic bowler hats and a nice generic sign on top of his long, flowing robes and that long hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tiffany,
    Can I ask permission to quote the bit about Hitler on my blog? With credit and a link back to you of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Babette! Someday...a finished stack of books. Someday! For now, I'm just grateful that I caught up on the reviews for my book blog...I'll actually get refocused on fiction writing here again soon, hopefully!

    Hi, Patricia! You know...I can almost see the imagery you've described. Although I might actually be picturing the Hare Krisna's or whatever they're called, that used to hang out in airports.

    Hi, James! Use away! Not a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yap, the comparison of Obama to Jesus is ridiculous! But your comparison of Obama to Hitler is even more ridiculous. Hitler's legacy is not his charisma or the timing of his memoirs, it is his ability to fuel the ultra-nationalist sentiments of his nation to execute his philosophy of Aryan supremacy and hatred of Jews.

    Do you see Obama as a closet ultra-nationalist who will turn into a mad-man once elected? I somehow doubt it. At worst, we may have a failed administration that will accelerate the demise of America by Obama surrounding himself with incompetent people and focusing our resources and attention on all the wrong things and with continued mishandling of the economy. Hmmmm....why does that all sound so familiar??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I certainly don't see Obama coming to the same end as Hitler...of course, I'd argue that in 1930, neither did the Germans see what was coming from Hitler. I was just drawing out some of the comparisons, to show that others better fit the description of a community organizer than Jesus. Those four points are valid descriptors of either man.

    Well, that would certainly be an ironic scenario, wouldn't it? After all...Obama preaches change, change, change...so if he deliver miserable results, similar to those he accuses Bush of (which I don't buy into), then he'd have to defeat himself, wouldn't he? I love it!

    ReplyDelete