Everything's Dead...

...except the ants.

Well, that's not true. I still have two live dogs and two live cats.

But anywho...

I came home from work today to find a freshly dead bird in my backyard, just by my covered patio. My dogs were just preparing to munch on it for dinner. Tastes like chicken. In fact, the little one already had feathers on her mouth. YEECH. Clean up, aisle two! I swallowed my disgust and scooped up the poor birdie with a shovel and threw it over the back fence. Gross.

(Don't worry. We don't have neighbors behind us. It's an open field that we actually own part of but that is used by the electric company.)

Walked inside...and there's a dead lizard. Just one of those tiny two-inch ones. But dead as a doornail. And being consumed by an army of ants, who kung-fu'd in from I-don't-know-where. Yippee. Clean-up, aisle three!

Talked to the hubby for a few minutes and he told me where I could swipe ant traps from to put in different places to get rid of the problem. Went to one of the locations he mentioned...and another dead lizard. This one was a bit larger and squishy. No ants, though. Clean-up, aisle four!

Some of the ants are still alive, but they're consuming the poison like good little lemmings. DIE!

Seriously, would any other wild creature like to die in my house tonight?

Have I mentioned YEECH?

1 comment

  1. Could be worse, when we first moved into our house we had a live vistor. A very Mature Bat who, despite my coutry background, was the largest damn bat i've ever seen in my life. It took us 1/2 hour to get it out of the house and we still dont know where it came in. Damn thing looked like a hawk. I'd totally rather have dead stuff.

    ReplyDelete