Talking About Sonic

My kiddos are often held captive in the backseat of my car. Going all sorts of places they'd just as soon skip in favor of going home. But it's where some of our best conversations occur. Here's one about Sonic.

Mom: We'll head home in just a few minutes after Mommy stops at Sonic for Happy Hour.

Bubba: Happy Hour? Sis, that sound like Mom's taking us to a bar? Really, Mom?

Big Girl: Maybe she'll get us something.

Mom: I'm just going to get myself a nice big soda so I can stay awake long enough tonight to get everything done.

Big Girl: Me, too! Soda, please!

Bubba: Mmm. Yeah. Me, too. Or boobs.

Big Girl: Gross. Knock it off. Soda, please!

Mom: No, guys. We'll eat right after we get home. Mommy just needs to get a soda.

Bubba: Needs? No, Mommy needs help.

Big Girl: You're addicted, Mom.

Bubba: Milk?

Big Girl: No, to Sonic.

Bubba: No, I want milk.

Mom: Bubby, hang tight. We'll be home soon. Promise.

Bubba: Sis, can you get online and Google “Sonic addiction?”

Post a Comment