Mommy Moments #2

This week's theme is "Dear Baby" for Mommy Moments.

Dear Bubba,

You are a much loved baby.  I'll admit that you caught us off guard - while Big Girl was a planned baby, you were a complete surprise.  But we've loved you since the first moment we got to see you on ultrasound, and hear your heartbeat.

You caused us a few worries along the way, especially when you started threatening to appear so early.  But then you fooled us all and stayed in weeks later than anyone thought you would!  And then fooled us again by coming out naturally on the day we planned to induce your exit.  A mind of your own - you're an independent one!

We decided to do things a bit differently with your pregnancy, in keeping with the idea of a surprise, and didn't find out your gender.  Boy, every single person in that delivery room - and there were a few! - were so sure you were going to be a girl.  I think I was the only one who thought you'd be my little man...and I was right.  When the doctor announced "it's a boy," I can remember smiling my face off.  How happy I was to be the mom of a Big Girl and now my little man.

When you started having issues with reflux at three weeks old, I worried by head off.  It's not easy for a mom to watch her little one throw up nearly everything he eats.  When you still thrived - albeit by eating round the clock to offset your tummy troubles - I started to relax again.  Here again, you fooled us all, achieving heights and lengths at the tops of the charts despite terrible reflux.  Good for you!

You have many features that remind me of my dad, who died two months before your big sister was born.  Sometimes, that makes my heart very happy.  Other times, it hurts.  But when your face crinkles up into an adorable smile, you're the mini-me of Funny Daddy.  I love it!  And I love that smile.

You're a vocal critter.  Right now, you're sitting just across the room from me and testing out a wide range of sounds, from grunts to squeals to happy little baby chatter.  No mamas or dadas yet, but you're definitely able to express yourself in other ways.  Hope you don't get overrun by your sister's chattiness...remember, you need to answer back instead of letter her talk for you!

You have a ton of family, even though many live in other areas of the country, and you need to know that you are much loved by them as well as by all of us who you are forced to privileged to live with.  You also need to know that even though we may not see some of our family very frequently, they're thinking of you always.

As you fly past your six-month birthday and speed on towards seven, I want you know to how much we're enjoying watching you grow from a cute and cuddly baby to a rough and ready little boy.  Seeing you and your sister sit together and giggle your heads off at each other makes my heart so happy.  Imagining how it will be when you can run around and terrorize amuse us together makes me smile.

I love you, Jeffrey!

Mom

Post a Comment