Talking About School

I talk to my kiddos constantly. And even though Big Girl can answer back, I sometimes make up different answers from her in my head. Because I know that's what she's actually thinking. Consider this conversation on school.

Mom: Did you have fun at school today?

Big Girl: Preschool.

Mom: Did you do anything interesting?

Big Girl: It's preschool. I didn't exactly learn differential diagnosis techniques.

Mom: That reminds me that a new episode of House is on tonight. Did you eat all of your lunch?

Big Girl: Nope. Did you?

Mom: Ah, I, no.

Big Girl: Why not?

Mom: I was just really busy.

Big Girl: Too busy for lunch?

Mom: Well, yeah. I mean, wait. Did you do any drawing at school today?

Big Girl: I'm bored. Is House on yet?

[end scene]

1 comment

  1. Tisk tisk, turning this make-believe conversation into something about you, Mom LOL. Wait until she really is in school--you'll still have to make up the conversation because the only answer you'll get is "fine" or "nothing."

    ReplyDelete