Keep Your Shirt On!

Good Tuesday morning to everyone, and welcome to Tuesday Travel Tips with Tiffany! To read previous editions, you can find them here.

Hey! You! Yeah, you! The one undressing on my airplane.

Let’s chat.

I fly fairly often. Not a road warrior, but my family and I get on a half dozen or more flights a year, plus I fly periodically for work – which, for me, is an airline.

But today, I’m talking to the people who apparently fly so infrequently that they may believe they’ve taken the right hand exit to the Red Door Spa instead of the left hand exit onto the MD80.

Keep your shirt on. Please!

When we get on the aircraft, I find it very appropriate to settle in and get comfortable for the flight, be it 45 minutes or 4.5 hours.

I do not.not.not find it appropriate to strip on the plane.

Have you ever seen the people who do this? They board the plane wearing about 17 layers – wanted to avoid those checked bag fees, right? – and by the time we’re taxiing for takeoff, they’re dressed appropriately for a sauna.

And then there’s the kind folks who sit down and remove their shoes. Unless you’re planning to pass out clothes pins as well and provide pedicures for the entire group, please don’t! Wearing sandles on summer flights is one thing; deliberately disrobing is another.

So let’s review, here. No shoes, no shirt, you should get no service. You will. The plane will still take off and we’ll still wing our way to our destination together. But you sure aren’t winning any friends.

Until next time…

Safe travels!

2 comments

  1. On long haul flights (12+ hours) people take their shoes off to sleep, and I've never found it to be a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it is discretely and people have exemplary personal hygience (aka no stinky feet) then I supposed I could accept that. However, my experience has often shown this not to be the case.

    For me, it's like this: would you take your shoes off in the middle of an all day conference with 200 of your nearest and dearest? No? Then think of a plane as your conference.

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete