Talking About Nursing

Sometimes, when I'm talking to my kids, I'm wondering exactly how big of an idiot I think they am. Here's a recent discussion I had with Bubba about nursing.

Mom: Alright, Bubba. Careful now. Mom's a little sore.

Bubba: Boobs.

Mom: I'm glad we decided to give this another go even after I was sick. You're only six months old. No reason we can't get to 13 or 14 months like your sister.

Bubba: Eight more months of boobs? Yee-haw!

Mom: Hey! Did you just bite me? Be careful, Bubby.

Bubba: Just got excited. Slurp.

Mom: That's a good boy. You're such a hungry little bugger.

Bubba: Yup. Definitely better than peas.

Mom: Maybe I'll make you some rice and peas for dinner after this.

Bubba: [crunch]

Mom: Ye-ow. Be careful, little man.

Bubba: No peas. No rice. Steak. Or boobs.

Mom: Well, I guess we're about done here. I'd better get dinner made.

Bubba: My dinner just walked away. Crap.

[end scene]

Post a Comment