Talking About Dinner

I talk to my little kids like they're big people. To the extent where it may be excessive. And I fill in their responses in my head...which is definitely excessive. But funny. Here's my discussion with Bubba about eating dinner.

Mom: I made you a nice big bowl of rice, baby boy. It's yummy.

Bubba: Boobs?

Mom: I know you're angling for some mommy time, but we're going to eat dinner first, honey.

Bubba: No boobs?

Mom: Open wide, Bubs. Yum, yum, yums.

Bubba: Are you sure no boobs?

Mom: Come on baby. Open up. Yummy nummies for the boy.

Bubba: Ok. Rice. Huh.

Mom: That's a good boy. Niiiiice big bite. Good job!

Bubba: Pbbbbbt.

Mom: No, no, baby. You gotta keep it in your mouth.

Bubba: Nope. Pbbbbt.

Mom: Good lord, how much did you have in your mouth?

Bubba: Lots. Pbbbbt.

Mom: Let's try this again, honey. Oooooo-pen. There we go. Nice, big....

Bubba: Pbbbbt. Haha.

Mom: Clearly, this isn't working. Let's try a drink.

Bubba: Finally. Boobs!

Mom: Nope, I meant for me.

[end scene]

Post a Comment