McDonalds NEMall PlayPlace Review

I took the kiddos to our favorite McDonald's for lunch today. Basically, I needed to run enough energy off Big Girl to prevent her from rending a tear in the fabric of the universe.

Recently, the McDonalds at NorthEast Mall (Pipeline @ 820 in Hurst, TX) underwent major renovations. Here are my thoughts:

  1. Thank you for continuing to have a bathroom just for the little ones. It is hugely helpful.
  2. The flat screen against the back wall is not.  Can't see it, can't hear it, didn't come to McD's to watch TV.
  3. I understand the point of nailed down furniture.  But it's not practical.  If you are unable to change the configuration of the chairs/tables, many families can't easily be accomodated.
  4. Hey!  Some of us have strollers!  And mine doesn't fit very easily in the PlayPlace.  I'm limited in where I can sit, because of overly narrow aisles, and that means that if I get there after those tables are already taken, I either can't come in, or I have to hope someone takes pity on me and moves to a table only accessible for walkers, not riders.
  5. Safety, safety, safety - I can definitely see that a lot of thought for this was put into the redesign and it is much appreciated.  I know that when Big Girl goes into the hamster-trail-for-kids, she's going to be safe.
  6. But could we maybe have kept a few outlets?  Like on high-up non-reachable-by-mini-monsters areas?  One of the things I love best about McDonald's is your free WiFi...but if I want to work there while my little ones play, my battery is eventually going to go dead...
  7. Squooshy floors are cool and make running around without shoes by drunk-on-giddiness toddlers lots safer.  Love the new floors you put in.
  8. Napkins and condiments would be appreciated.  When you go to McD's with a million mini people, and have fifteen trays to balance with two hands, stopping to get napkins and condiments on the way past is sometimes out of the question.  But...I don't want to bring my squirts in just to abandon them there while I go on a napkin-and-ketchup retrieval mission.  Could we maybe have a napkin and ketchup station in the munchkin room?
Overall, it's a great place.  Some of the redesign areas don't thrill me, but Big Girl loves it, Bubba looks on with envy (gotta walk first, dude), and I get some time to sit and relax while they have fun.

Post a Comment