Weekend Recap and Goals 06/16

Oy! I grandly overestimated what actual "free" time I'd have this past week and so goals? HA!

Let's see...my weekend, first.

It started a bit early, on Friday. I'd had a very busy work week (see below) and so my boss suggested I work from home on Friday. That gave me the ability to "sleep in" for an extra HOUR (that would normally be spent getting ready for work and commuting) and then I simply worked my email and organized some project files until midafternoon. Yahoo for working from the couch!

On Saturday, we had a lazy sort of day, rising late and heading to the Waffle House for nourishment before heading home for an agonizing afternoon of...relaxing. I've already shared with you my fun times spent with Glenn Miller on Saturday night, and after that, I spent time strategizing a few writing and other work plans before heading to bed fairly late.

On Sunday, I got an awesome present: Dale Earnhardt, Jr. won the NASCAR race in Michigan. This was his FIRST WIN since May 6, 2006 - which was, incidentally, the day I got married! Since I had a silly reception (ha!) to attend that evening, I missed seeing that win - and so even though this week's win was due to a wreck during a green/white finish, I'm enjoying the heck out of it! We also got a lot of work done around the house on Sunday - finished tearing apart the last upstairs bedroom in order to lay hardwood. We have a deadline: our niece arrives July 1st for her month-long summer stay, and currently, none of the three upstairs bedrooms is able to accomodate a guest. Time to get crackin'!

As for the rest of last week, let's see: I spent Monday in project mode, getting ready for the rest of the week and not leaving my office until 8 PM; I spent Tuesday in San Jose and had the awesome privilege of flying home in First Class!; I spent Wednesday and Thursday delivering all-day training to new internal consultants, not arriving home each night until fairly late; and that brings us back to Friday.

So yeah...whew! Fast week! This week will go by quickly, as well...I'm in the office today, tomorrow and Wednesday and then leave to go back to San Jose just after lunch on Thursday, returning home Friday evening. Then, on Saturday, we fly out to spend a few days in PA and won't be home until next Wednesday morning. Ye Gods, where is June going? Just four days after that, Chris leaves to fly to Calgary to pick up our niece and fly her back two days later. OH MY GOD. I need an extra week to be inserted into this month!

Goals for this week:
  1. Maintain sanity.
  2. Give feedback for the latest draft of a work in my critique group - yeah, I'm way behind on this. I'm going to aim to do this from the hotel Thursday night, if I can't get to it beforehand.
  3. Finish short story - didn't happen last week. Used plane time as sleep time. But I have ELEVEN hours of plane time coming up later this week, so between that and train time for work, it ought to get done, and leave me with the last week of the month to revise, edit, and enter my contest.

I think that's all I can conceivably manage for this week - what's everyone else up to?

Post a Comment