Project Connectivity

After my last post, you may be asking yourself why in the world I didn't just post when I was out of town over the past week - after all, anywhere I go, my laptop follows.

Unfortunately, it's not always as simple as desiring to get online. At Mom's house, it took a full day of monkeying with her connection to get it working again - it had been apparently down for over a month and Mom just figured she'd leave it go until I was there to fix it. Once she was back up and running, I had barely enough time between household projects to hop on long enough to address work emails and getting hubby and I booked on our return flight.

But at least my Mom has high speed internet! While I was toying with her connection, I was reminded of our springtime visit to my mother-in-law's house in 2007. Ah, yes...beautiful northern Idaho. Home to dial-up connectivity. Have you ever tried getting a VPN connection through dial-up? OH MY GOD.

I knew there had to be other options, even in such a small area, than a dial-up that had about the same connection speed as I enjoyed 15 years ago. Cruising around the internet, I discovered that there certainly is: broadband satellite internet that is available anywhere that has a clear view available of the southern sky. What a perfect idea - after all, satellite television has been around for several decades now. So why not utilize the same technology to get high speed internet capabilities?

When I looked into this option further, I realized that I'd actually heard of Hughes Net before - I ghost-wrote an article touting satellite internet quite awhile ago! Apparently, because I've ghostwritten hundreds of web content articles, the idea totally fell out of my head afterwards!

In any case, if you're in the same boat as my mother-in-law and are looking for a great internet solution, I'd definitely suggest checking out HughesNet and see what their plans can do for you. I'm just sorry I haven't recommended this solution sooner!!

Post a Comment