Things Overheard....

I mentioned before that I went to the Rangers/Phillies game the other night...and I just had to follow that up by sharing the oddest overheard conversation.

Let me back up and tell you that I love going out in public by myself...because I'm a people watcher. And listener. People fascinate me!

Most of the time, I watch and listen deliberately. But leaving the game Friday night, I was kind of in a daze, having just watched my team lose. So I was quite startled to hear this exchange:

Woman (pushing empty stoller): "Did you bury the cucumber?"
Man (holding sleeping child): "Yep, took care of it today."
Woman: "So we're ok now?"
Man: "Yeah, we should be fine."

What do ya'll think of that? I mean, how weird! That ran through my head the entire rest of the evening, between battling traffic to get out of the game area and go home and then relaxing a bit at home before bed.

People are interesting!

2 comments

  1. Ooo. Being of writerly mind, this one is worth a brainstorm or building a scene around...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would definitely be interesting to brainstorm that one! We talked about it last night over dinner and came to the conclusion that "cucumber" must be a code word...which makes me wonder even harder what in the world was being buried!!!

    ReplyDelete