Getting Over Shopping Phobia

I'm not really much of a shopper. I'm a cheapskate, going to multiple stores just to get what I need is tiring, I hate battling crowds, malls make me nauseous because the people there are irritating and disgusting, and well, it's inconvenient. Shopping online is a cure to some of those issues, but it's still a pain in the butt to be bop from store to store to store in order to actually get what I want.

I found a cure to my shopping phobia, however! The perfect cross between the searching power of Google and the information available from Wikipedia, it's called ShopWiki. After I found it, I decided to test it out with something that I've been putting off buying: additional memory for my laptop. I used the link from the main page to go to the laptop computers page and promptly learned more about laptops than I ever would have known to even seek out!

So after joyriding through a few other wiki pages - which are fabulous and informative and, just like Wikipedia, allow users to provide updates as necessary - I tried out the Google-like search function to see if I could actually find the perfect place to buy new memory. Voila! A zillion different types of memory, plus information on which online stores to go to, in order to buy it. Fast, easy and fabulous. Addictive, too...I've been stuck on this site looking up wiki pages for hours now!

Anyone remember our funny story about lamps (lampshades) and our wedding? I even ended up searching for lamps and, in particular, reading lamps. Turns out that when I find a site that makes shopping easy, I start expanding on the list of what I need - and since there's not a great lamp next to the loveseat in our new living room configuration, guess what's next on my list to buy??

Go give ShopWiki a look - maybe you'll get sucked in like I was! Fun site!

Post a Comment