BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

Good Monday Afternoon, everyone!

As looooooooooooong promised, Breakfast at Tiffany's has a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

I think I've been hinting around at this BIG ANNOUNCEMENT for over a month now.

I've known about it for far longer than that.

So if I haven't totally driven you crazy yet...HERE GOES:

My husband, Chris, and I are very pleased to announce that we are expecting an addition to our family!

A little girl, to be named Catherine Elizabeth, is due on or around October 25th, 2008.

Our first child, we're crazy-mad in love with her already! She is, of course, the best little baby ever conceived and we can't wait until she gets here this fall.

For the past year, I have maintained another blog dedicated to the not-always-easy journey of having a baby. Called, simply, How to Have a Baby, it chronicles our two-plus year journey from when we got married until today. Because of the sensitive nature of the blog's topic, I have maintained it semi-anonymously, referring to myself only as "Future Mommy". I finally told the (mostly-female) readers of that blog my first name only a couple months ago.

If you are interested, please go visit. Be warned, however, that there is very frank language used there - there is also a disclaimer on that page. More recent posts - those from mid-February to-date - are not quite as sensitive and focus more on the baby that is to be. If you dig in the archives, be warned that I've lost all semblance of shame - so if you don't want to know personal details, simply don't read!

I've added a feed to the right side of this blog and you'll be able to see (and visit, if you so wish) the latest postings as they come out.

Yay for Baby!

10 comments

  1. Oh, congratulations! I'm so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! All the best for you and your family. My youngest daughter's birthday is Oct/24, I hope your baby is as sweet and lovely as mine is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only fitting that you'd have an October baby! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew it! As soon as I read your comment on my blog, I just knew the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT had to be a baby. Many, many congratulations to you and your hubby. Fantastic news. I can't wait to see her little face here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH sweetie I am so very happy for you - and glad I took the risk to try to comment. I am going to have to make something for that little gal now.
    Big hugs!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I popped over here for the first time from another blog to see your big announcement.
    And a baby announcement can't be made without lots of congrats all around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your upcoming baby girl! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, everyone for your congratulations!

    As Nic said, it's only fitting that I have an October baby. Her birthday is October 7th, and mine is October 8th. We also have two other cousins, John and Laura, who are the 15th and 27th respectively I believe. And then there's my best friend, Erin, who is the 9th. And my brother-in-law, Jerry, is the 2nd, and my husband's cousin John is the 10th. Another good friend, Robin, is the 3rd. October babies are good babies!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, congrats!

    BTW,I'm looking to build up my links for my blog, Project Heavy Traffic.
    Would you like to exchange links with me?
    Please visit: http://projectheavytraffic.blogspot.com
    and leave your blog URL. I'll reciprocate by linking to your blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah - October is a great month to have a baby. And I love the name! Good job, you two! Hugs and Kisses!

    ReplyDelete