Thursday Thirteen #17

Thursday Thirteen Campaign Edition

Completing the series begun two weeks ago and continued last week, I'll be giving my suggestions for campaign songs that could prospectively be used by the three remaining candidates for the President of the United States of America.

Keep in mind that these are tongue-in-cheek and not meant, in any way, to inflame and/or start a political debate. If you don't like my humor, go elsewhere.

Top 13 Campaign Song Suggestions for John McCain

If you're interested in downloading any of these songs, click on the link and you will go straight to iTunes. And hey...I'll make enough commission off every purchase to buy, well, some penny candy. Yahoo!
  1. Alabama - I'm in a Hurry (And Don't Know Why)
    Just let Hillary and Obama fight it out...when they're done, McCain will be the last man standing!
  2. Backstreet Boys - Show Me the Meaning (Of Being Lonely)
    Boy, that Republican field just dried up - must be lonely at the top!
  3. Beastie Boys - Fight For Your Right
    This man has been fighting all of his life...from being a soldier to a hostage to a Congressman, to a former Presidential hopeful to his current bid...man, it's time to party!
  4. Beatles - With a Little Help from my Friends
    Unlike the damage Hillary is doing to the cohesiveness (snort!) of the Democratic party by continuing to cling instead of going away gracefully (snort!), other Republican hopefuls bowed out to throw their support behind McCain and provide a unified front early on. Bravo! Incidentally, this is one of my FAVORITE songs to play on the piano...singing along, of course!
  5. Billy Joel - Only the Good Die Young
    I'm not implying anything here folks, but he's a bit, er, aged! (Sure, I don't imply...I just go ahead and say it!) (Have I ever mentioned, here, that Billy Joel is my ultimate music crush? Like ultimate, ultimate. Like I'd quit my job and abandon my family for the opportunity to go drool on this man. I definitely have just decided to spend the next few weeks devoting TT's to Billy Joel's greatness. Can't possibly do him in one week...hehehe...pun sorta intended.)
  6. Black Sabbath - Iron Man
    When I am this man's age, I fully intend to be retired, rich, and planted on a beach somewhere getting nice and brown and wrinkled and sipping enough umbrella drinks to make me think that I'm still, well, my current age. I'm convinced the man is on steroids to still be in the hell that is politics!
  7. Blink 182 - What's My Age Again
    Last age joke, I promise.
  8. Bowling for Soup - Almost
    I. Can. Taste. It.
  9. Brad Paisley - I'm Gonna Miss Her
    When Hillary drops out/dies/is kidnapped by unsuspecting aliens who quickly return her to planet earth once they discover their mistake in believing her to be a healthy specimen to study.
  10. Dixie Chicks - Ready to Run
    Doesn't matter who the Dems put up...let's get this thing fired UP!
  11. Frank Sinatra - It Had to be You
    Frankly, (geez, I'm full of puns tonight...anyone catch the one with Bowling for Soup and tasting?) I wouldn't have had McCain as my first choice, since I'm a Rudy girl. But hey...looks like this time around, Old Blue Eyes was on John's side.
  12. Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA
    This one is hubby's contribution...considering McCain was born in, well, Panama!
  13. The Lion King - Just Can't Wait to be King
    King
    er...President.
I've had a ton of fun with these last three weeks...and I'm definitely going to continue on the music theme for awhile! Let's plan out the next six weeks, shall we?
5/29 - The Essential Billy Joel, Part 1
6/5 - The Essential Billy Joel, Part 2
6/12 - The Essential Elton John
6/19 - The Essential Meatloaf
6/26 - The Essential Bruce Springsteen
7/3 - The Essential Sound of Summer





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



6 comments

  1. Your list gets better and better with each installment. You've got the Election Day and Inauguration Day medley going here.

    You made me think anything Beastie Boys will be appropriate given the nature of this eternal campaign.

    (I'm thinking good ol' Boy Geoge's Karma Chameleon might work, too, given the changing nature of everyone's personal truth!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aged? McCain? Nah....let's just say I hope he has a very YOUNG running mate. Y'know? rofl


    Mine's shared...C U THERE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a fun list! I love the "I'm Gonna Miss Her" one. Cracked me up.

    I'll have to check out the ones I've missed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard half of those songs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent as always. I love your homor.

    ReplyDelete