Thursday Thirteen #16

Thursday Thirteen Campaign Edition

Starting last week and running until next week, I'll be giving my suggestions for campaign songs that could prospectively be used by the three remaining candidates for the President of the United States of America.

Keep in mind that these are tongue-in-cheek and not meant, in any way, to inflame and/or start a political debate. If you don't like my humor, go elsewhere.

Top 15 Campaign Song Suggestions for Barack Obama

If you're interested in downloading any of these songs, click on the link and you will go straight to iTunes. And hey...I'll make enough commission off every purchase to buy, well, some penny candy. Yahoo!

  1. Aretha Franklin - I Say a Little Prayer
    Praying for his former Pastor to shut up, that is!
  2. Audioslave - Show Me How To Live
    "Is this a cure...or is this a disease?"
  3. Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice
    He's seen as the savior to both the Democratic party and African Americans - but I'm really afraid that both factions will be disappointed in him in the long run!
  4. Billy Joel - Keeping the Faith
    Well, kinda. Just not at that church!
  5. Bobby Pinson - Don't Ask Me How I Know
    Repeatedly dodging questions on how his minimal experience will make him a good President...doesn't that worry anyone?
  6. Bon Jovi - Thank You For Loving Me
    He's been set up by the Democrats from the get go to be a poster boy...wonder how much he loves them loving him?
  7. Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
    Come on, Hillary! Is that the best you've got?
  8. Aerosmith - Janies Got a Gun
    In his world view, apparently there are a lot of bitter girls named Janie with guns...and religion.
  9. Bryan Adams - Please Forgive Me
    That whole comment about religion and guns, well, I didn't really mean that...and yeah, my Pastor of 20 years that apparently hates America? Didn't know. Swear it.
  10. Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time
    I'd change churches, get a better speech writer, and never says things off the top of my head...
  11. Chris Cagle - Don't Ask Me No Questions
    Unless I've already got a scripted answer, that is!
  12. George Jones - The Race Is On
    He's giving Hillary a run for her money...but will it be enough to go all the way?
  13. Green Day - Minority
    Let's face facts, folks. People are painting Obama as a strong African American man who is representative of a race long underrepresented in politics. But that's bunk. Flat out. First of all, his father was African. Period. Not an American, not a decendant of the same legacy that Obama purports to represent. He was raised by a WHITE mother and spent a large portion of his childhood overseas. When he was in this country, he lived in Hawaii. Not exactly representative of the struggles of the people he's supposed to be the savior for. All of a sudden, he goes and becomes an organizer in Chicago to fill some selfish void within himself and get his ticket punched for having dark skin but having no identification point with people who have actually had struggle because of their race. What I'm saying here, folks, is that he's a fraud. Period.
  14. Meatloaf - Two Out of Three Ain't Bad
    Representative - check. Senator - check. President - eh.
  15. REM - Losing My Religion
    'Nuff said.





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



12 comments

  1. That's a great list! I'm still not sure where I stand on this whole thing, but I know I'd like it to be over! Does it really take two years for a country to choose a president? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some list. I think the public persona and the at-home reality are different for each of these candidates. I think we never really know any of them. So much biography is contrived because story sells. Watching all of this I feel like Big Ol' Ruby Red Dress wanderin' around the town...

    God bless, and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just listed all the reasons I don't much care for Obama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious and awesome list, you hit them right on the head!
    Mine is up @ The Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great TT ! Well said !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea. I too had a list of songs today but for a different reason. Happy TT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy TT. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm waiting for him to say something like our current Governor did "just wait 5 more years you're going to be blown away" We're in Michigan and she's right just about everyone in the state is leaving lol. Being blown away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was funny! Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Re: #5. Yes. That's one of the things that turned me off about him when he first started running...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picks! Some of those are howlingly funny, too. And some are dead-on perfect.

    ReplyDelete