Thursday Thirteen #8

Hi, everyone!

I'm sorry it's so late in the day and I'm just now posting...yesterday and today were travel days for me, and by the time I got back to the airport this afternoon, I was just about awake enough to take a nap! :-) So I did!

Now, after a couple hours of cleaning and getting a bite to eat, I'm settling in to pay some attention to my poor blog and catch up on some freelancing - PLUS type in my handwritten notes for a short story that I started writing for the ORWCircle Hot Kiss Contest! :-)

I really struggled on what to write about for TT this week - I considered and discarded writing about 13 Things I've Done This Week, 13 Things I Want For Christmas, and various other banalities.

Instead, I decided to be COMPLETELY unoriginal and visit the forum at ThursdayThirteen.com and the "steal this idea" board...and so, I present...


THIRTEEN TV SHOWS I MISS

1. Murphy Brown - who doesn't love Candice Bergen?
2. Mr. Sterling - this was released by NBC after Providence ended - and with only 9 episodes broadcast, they never really gave it a damn chance to succeed. Argh.
3. Book of Daniel - This got a lot of criticism for being heretical and other nonsense like that, but it was a good show. 7 episodes = NBC sucks.
4. Everybody Loves Raymond - OMG, so funny.
5. The Nanny - Thank God for Lifetime Network - it caught me up on every single episode of this show and it's just fun all the way around. I HATE Fran's voice, but love the show.
6. Walker, Texas Ranger - There's a reason one of my WIPs focuses on Walker...mmm. Chuck Norris = hot older man fantasy.
7. Sisters - Nightime soap, basically, but boy did I get caught up in the lives of these women!
8. Providence - it started when I was dating Mark and we watched this show together EVERY WEEK - and my obsession outlasted that relationship and continued to the very end. Oh, Dr. Sid - I miss you!
9. The Nine - I really didn't want to like this show...but yet I did. ABC was really rotten to promise to air the remaining episodes and then even screw around with that...ABC still owes us FOUR episodes, dammit. Put this out on DVD now - I am freaking DYING to know what happens next.
10. Reba - good clean fun on TV. One of the only examples I can think of for a singer who actually can act!
11. Picket Fences - You go get 'em, Sheriff! (Just as soon you're done training Tom in Top Gun, that is - hahaha!)
12. Will and Grace - One of my favorite shows ever...I kind of fancy my BF Erin and I as a variation of Grace and Karen. HAHA!
13. Jericho - I CANNOT wait until the new episodes come out. And yes, I was one of the ones who sent NUTS!

And yes, these were all Network shows - I have cable almost primarily to watch movies and re-runs...I care not about the insipid "original" shows produced by HBO, TNT, TBS, etc. (Yes, Reba is the exception...) I think I'd be ok to go back to the UHF/VHF TV that sat in our kitchen growing up...3 channels plus PBS. Who needs more?

For a fairly comprehensive list of cancelled or ended TV shows, go to TVHell - what an awesome resource!

What are your favorites that you're missing? Leave yours in your comment!



By the way, I have already thought of next week's topic: 13 Favorite Christmas Songs in the Readers Digest Christmas Book - which I FINALLY OWN MY OWN COPY OF, HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN.

It's funny...my Mom has one from the first year they were put out...and she WILL NOT let me have it, despite the fact that I play piano, and she hasn't in at least 20 years...but my mother-in-law misunderstood why I wanted one of my own and was so happy to find one last weekend and asked me if I was so happy (after playing the book pretty much from start to end) because it reminded me of my Mom. Uh, no. When I think of happy Christmas memories, my Mom isn't exactly my first thought...she's a Humbug. Now...having one of these special music books for myself - happiness, happiness, happiness. I'd suggest everyone avoid my house for the next month...I won't get off my playing kick for awhile.

Anyhow, happy Thursday to you all!

Tiffany

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



6 comments

  1. Glad to know I'm not the only late poster around here! LOL

    Really like your list, and I found 13 of my own (which I'll do in some future posting), but here's a few since you asked:

    Firefly
    The Pretender
    Early Edition
    Commander in Chief

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I liked the Book of Daniel too.

    You can read mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is EXTREMELY annoying when a show you really like just gets taken off without any thought for viewers who want to know what happens next. We watched "The Nine" too. The Flatland Almanack --Damozel (adorable animals behaving oddly)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Nine -- was that the one about the bank robbery?

    I don't care for Fran D's voice either but her body helps me overlook it!

    ReplyDelete