2007 Year in Review

Hi, folks!

It's time for my annual Year in Review post - I've used this EXACT survey in 2004, 2005 and 2006...so here I am back with it again. This is typically posted to my blog on MySpace, but in the interest in sharing it more widely this year, it's reposted here for your viewing pleasure!


1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?

Bought a house! I love my house!


2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Um...hmm. I can't actually remember what my New Year's resolutions were for 2007 or if I even actually made any. Haha. So yeah, I kept 'em all. And I challenge you to prove me wrong!

For 2008, in lieu of making New Year's resolutions, I am beginning the 101 in 1001 challenge. To see my goals, read my original blog posting here!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Okay, here we go...
Friends: Kelly had Aidan.

Family: Anne had Zach and Ginny had Hailey.

Work: The wife of my husband's sergeant had TRIPLETS!
Sorry, no pics of those cuties...

4. Did anyone close to you die?
The Colts lost their puppy, Maggie. :-(

5. What countries did you visit?
Canada, twice!

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Mmm...

7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 16th - we closed on our house!


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Definitely the house. LOVE my house. Have I mentioned that?

9. What was your biggest failure?
Something out of my control.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A bit. If I had a truly healthy year, I'm not sure what I'd do with myself. Graves relapsed, girly issues, arthritis getting worse and worse...but yet, I'm still alive and kicking, so life is good!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
C'mon now. The house. Have we been paying attention at ALL?!

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Hmm. Ya know, I'm not really sure. Let's just all give ourselves a round of applause, shall we?

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Hillary Clinton. BOY, does that woman nauseate me.

14. Where did most of your money go?

House. Being a homeowner is definitely expensive, but fun as hell!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My house! Geez, this is truly getting repetitive, isn't it?

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Hmm...I REALLY love the Rascal Flatts remake of "Life is a Highway". You NEED to add it to your iPod if you don't already have it...check out the link below! :-)

Rascal Flatts - Me and My Gang (Bonus Track) - Life Is a Highway

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder? About the same, really. 2007 had high points and low points.
ii. thinner or fatter? Probably a bit thinner.
iii. richer or poorer? POORER! Having a mortgage makes you poor for a long, long time!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Traveled - what good is it working for an airline if you don't travel every opportunity you have?

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Hmm...procrastinated.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
This year, we had Chris' dad and stepmom visiting, and for Christmas brunch at our house, we also welcomed Chris' mom, aunt Patti, uncle Don, cousins Anne, Jamie and John, Becka, and baby Zach.

22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
With my HOUSE. Haha. Couldn't resist.

23. How many one-night stands?
Negative, ghostrider.

24. What was your favorite TV program?

Two and a Half Men ROCKS!


25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

No. I make a strong effort to never hate anybody.

26. What was the best book you read?
Cell, by Stephen King. What a telling book for society...


27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

No one new...but I rediscovered just how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Rascal Flatts.



28. What did you want and get?
A beautiful home. I really do feel like I'm repeating myself here!

29. What did you want and not get?
Hmm...

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Eeek...let's see...nothing huge I guess. I liked Wild Hogs and Bourne Ultimatum.


31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

After considering trips to Florida or California, or camping in East Texas, we narrowed it down...and stayed home to finish laying wood floor on the staircase. (Exciting, I know!) And then on my actual birthday, Chris and I had a sleepover upstairs in our guest bedroom and watched movies and ate popcorn. I turned 27 in 2007.

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Can't really say. Some things are just out of your control.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Haha. "Tiffany casual" = I wear what fits, not what's fashionable. And at my size, I'm finding that not much fits. I've been hunting for a new black blazer for six months. I kid you not. Six months. Do you know that some brands don't even make a size zero anymore?!? And I can't do petites for coats, cause the arms are too short. Sucks.

34. What kept you sane in 2007?
Who says I was actually sane in 2007? I had a few months where I really think I was ready to tip off the deep end. :-) But Christopher kept me level, as always.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ok, ok. So I have a HUGE political crush on Rudy Giuliani. I can't wait until the primaries get here.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Oh, immigration is still getting my goat. And anytime Hillary opens her mouth, I cringe.

37. Who did you miss?
My daddy.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
My boss, Carlos. He rocks! :-)

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
Sometimes even lots of hopes and prayers and wishes don't end up getting you much of anything.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I'm just going to go for the total repetitiveness this year and go with lyrics from Life is a Highway.

"Life's like a road that you travel on
there's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind"


Rascal Flatts Lyrics
Life is a Highway Lyrics

2 comments

  1. Hi there,
    I loved your YIR and wondered if I might copy the questions to my blog. Thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely welcome to copy the questions!! :-)

    ReplyDelete