Manic Monday #7

It's that time again...this is my 7th edition of Manic Monday, thanks to the creative mind of Lisa!

What's the longest you've ever waited in line?
I'm trying to think...this is a hard question! I think that last Christmas at Garden Ridge was probably the worst...I think we were in line for like an hour. If I thought harder, I'm sure I could come up with a time I've waited longer (NYC at Christmastime comes to mind), but that's all I've got for now! (It's 4 AM, folks. Leave me alone!)

It's been said that, "The best things in life are free." Do you think this is true? Why or why not?
Hell no. I think this is the most bogus statement ever. When you pay for something - through money or effort - you're not only acquiring it, you're also investing in its value. For instance, I firmly believe that people who pay for their own college education value it more highly than do people whose parents pay their way. Another example: marriage. A good marriage isn't something that comes from two people choosing to merely live together. Through mutual and daily effort, couples pay for the happiness they achieve.

I prefer the saying that goes "there's no such thing as a free lunch."

If you could go back in time and re-live one day in your life, which day would you choose and why?
Oh, this is an easy one. I would go back to the day where I was fortunate enough to attend an all-day racing school at Pocono International Raceway, where I first had classroom training, then got to drive my personal vehicle on the track at around 90 MPH for 50 or so laps (us students were drying the track after a down pour) and then finally got to drive in a stock car at speeds greater than 170 MPH for 100 laps. There is nothing - nothing - on this earth that I have found to be more exhilerating or fulfilling than that experience. And I would give my right arm to repeat it on a regular basis, but alas - when you're no longer dating a former racer who is friends with the racing school's owner, it's kinda too pricey to pursue! :-)

Have a great week, ya'll!

3 comments

  1. That's true, I'm always telling my son that there's no such thing as a free lunch!

    Oh, just FYI, the MM Mister Linky link is not to this MM. Someone else started a MM meme after I did and then got to Mister Linky first.

    Thanks for playing, Tiffany and have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers - I especially like #3 - sounds like a fun day. Thanks for the visit - have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the best thing's in life are not free...nothing really is anymore. Great post.

    ReplyDelete