Thursday Thirteen #7

I'm late! I'm late!

Boy, what a busy day it's been. We have major meetings at the office tomorrow, and so today was scramble day to make sure we were ready. Busy is good, but Tiffie is definitely tired tonight!

I'm so proud of myself, though! I've accomplished writing THREE DAYS IN A ROW towards my manuscript, Going Home. To me, that's fabulous. It's just baby steps, but it's a big deal to me.

Busy on the freelancing side as well...I've had some fairly steady work for awhile now, but I've also had the opportunity to land a fairly large gig that will last for the next month or so...and that I'm able to share with a gal from the Circle, so we'll both have some extra cash for Christmas. YAHOO! Keeping my fingers crossed that this goes well...it could mean steady work for some time to come if we gain more projects from this client, who is an absolute dream to work for.

Anyways, on to today's main attraction...

THIRTEEN STORIES I LOVE BY STEPHEN KING

1. Cell - what a look at how controlled we are by technology
2. Carrie - King's classic, still tells the story of HS cruelty
3. The Long Walk - when there is no hope...you take a walk
4. The Running Man - the Schwartzenegger movie kills this excellent book on desperation
5. The Stand - I always avoided this novel because of it's length, but it's now one of my favorites
6. Breathing Method - this short story is downright eerie
7. The Dark Half - his other half, come to life - hilarious when thought about in the framework of King vs. Bachman
8. The Langoliers - the short story behind the creepy movie - as always, the written word is better than the spoken
9. Rose Madder - a book for strong women everywhere - King writes just as well from a women's perspective as from a man's
10. Needful Things - the store in this story is basically Wal-Mart in my mind - souless and evil, but you just gotta shop there
11. From a Buick 8 - I read this book when I was going through a hard time mentally, and it really helped
12. Dolores Claiborne - another strong lady you can't help but love
13. Firestarter - Love it! My most read "King" book!

Since I'm so late, no linky this week. Still love ya'll anyways!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Post a Comment