Oh, what a day...

From the alarm going off at 4 AM (mind you, I didn't stop working on writing last night until 1 AM) to finally getting home at nearly 7 PM, I had a busy non-stop day.

What did Tiffany do on her Traveling Tuesday?

Oy. Left the house at 5:15; parked at the Parking Spot and froze my patootie off while waiting for the van driver to come get me. (Sadistic bitch won't drive towards you until you're out of your car...and then takes his time.) Got to the airport...hurry up and wait. And wait.

Yep, we were delayed. The pilot reported a lightbulb out to maintenance and maintenance found that the whole socket was bad...so...they fixed it. Could the dang plane not fly with one lightbulb not able to light?!

Flew to St. Louis. Spent a total of 1 minute and 30 seconds at STL...the time it took to sprint from C10 to C5 and get on my next plane to MSP. I was the second-to-last on.

Then bumpity, bumpity all the way to Minnesota...where it was snowing like crazy. Buckets full. Argh.

Good news is that even though I was running late (correction: pilot was running late) the team held the meeting for me, so we didn't start until I got there. Yay! I love the MSP JLT!

Lunch, browsing through the mini-Mall of America that's onsite at MSP, denied upgrade to first (as usual)...and then wait some more. Did I mention that it was snowing like crazy? I was honestly quite sure that I wasn't getting out of MSP today.

We ended up boarding about an hour late, and then it was time for the plow and de-icing. De-iced twice, watched the plow drive around ineffectively...consider we taxied down a runway that had 4-6 inches of pack snow on it!

Bumpity, bumpity all the way home. Man, that turbulance was bad. I was in a cold sweat for a lot of the ride home.

Good news is that I got about 1700 words knocked out today for my Going Home MS. Yahoo! Haven't typed it in yet, that's a hand-written guesstimate of number of words.

Odd news is that I think this is the first time that I've been on three different planes on the same day.

VERY glad to be home. TIME FOR BED!

1 comment

  1. Glad you made it home, the runway sounds like my driveway....it was the dang ice that followed the snow over the weekend. Then we got those buckets of snow here in WI yesterday too, the kids will be trying to shovel later...sadly I can't help.
    Keep up the writing!

    ReplyDelete