Thursday Thirteen #14

Hi, ya'll! This week, I'll be continuing with another idea from my husband, and giving you...


THIRTEEN PLACE TO VISIT IN TEXAS
  1. South Padre Island - been there; want to go again. BEACH!
  2. Austin - I've driven through many times; I've even spent a weekend on the UT campus teaching a leadership course. But I've never gone to Austin just to see Austin!
  3. Houston - I've driven through and flown through, but there's got to be more to Houston than that, right? I think I'll let Kristen show me around in May when we spend a day down there watching my Philadelphia Phillies face off against the Astros.
  4. El Paso - I want to see if my memory is correct: I took a train through El Paso to Arizona (from Chicago) when I was a little kid, and all I remember is barbed wire - surely, this city has more than a fence on the border - so I want to go see.
  5. Big Bend National Park - out in west Texas, this park is the size of Rhode Island. I'm not kidding. Definitely on the list.
  6. Midland and
  7. Odessa - Oil towns, west Texas, doesn't seem exciting, does it? But I think it would be fascinating to at least visit.
  8. Fredericksburg - The home of bed and breakfasts and museums - sounds like the perfect weekend trip!
  9. Galveston - I spent about 6 hours on Galveston Island over Christmas break and need more time there! It's a beautiful and intriguing area. I'd like to go see during Mardi Gras.
  10. College Station - I spent a weekend there a few years ago, but didn't really see much. My husband lived there for a year and loved it. That means it's a must-do!
  11. San Antonio - I've spent a bit of time in San Antonio, exploring the Alamo and Riverwalk area, but I'd like to spend more time looking at "less visited" areas.
  12. Corpus Christi - Chris lived here for a couple years and although we've driven through together, we haven't had time to go down so he can show me around properly. I'm looking forward to it!
  13. East Texas - camping! We were supposed to do this for my birthday, and ended up painting and laying hardwood on our stairs instead. So...it's time to reschedule!

And there you have it! And I actually did it on Thursday this time! No Linky this week - just leave me a comment!! :-)




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



6 comments

  1. I lived there for 6 months and never got out of Houston and Missouri City. Sucks, I so wanted to travel...maybe someday I will return.
    Great TT, mine is up. Mr. L is on strike today it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to S. Padre Island. I love beach towns and that is one I have had on my list to visit for some time now. I hear it is crazy but makes for good people watching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I just finished a book where Big Bend National Park plays a role. I've been all over that park via Google maps. Have you actually been??

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only been to visit a dear friend in Dallas, and the Texas State Fair. That was years ago, so it's high time for another visit...thanks for the list, and for stopping by Artventuring. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really should go to Austin! It is so much fun. A fair warning for Houston - it's SUPER hot and humid! If you do get out to West Texas, you should do some driving. It's flat, but it CAN be really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked Austin but Houston was too polluted for my liking.

    ReplyDelete