American Idol

Ok, so I just have to say this...

Does anyone else not care about American Idol as much as I don't care about American Idol? Supposedly, someone won tonight. Freaking yay. Half the blogs on my Reader are gushing over it. As if I care.

I tune into the try-out episodes if I'm home and nothing else is on that I'm dying to see...basically because I'm the heartless sort that loves laughing at stupid people. (And as a musician, I love to laugh at stupid people who actually think they have talent.)

I have not once watched an actual competition episode. I have a download of one of the performances - some chick singing with Rascal Flatts - but that's it.

The rest of the time? Please. TV off, hand me a book. As much as I miss my husband when he's out of town, I like having this time with no TV on. It really gets sickening sometimes. Plus, I actually get stuff done when the boob tube isn't making my brain cells die.

Speaking of books...MAJOR updates coming for my book blog! I'm behind by as many books as I've already blogged on, and have finished 2 more in the past 3 days! This weekend's project is to CATCH UP ON BOOK BLOGGING!!!

Oh yeah, and the other updates and that pesky little BIG ANNOUNCEMENT that I pre-announced. Still coming soon. Layout update ought to complete this weekend as well. BIG ANNOUNCEMENT tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, May 27th.

Stay tuned...

3 comments

  1. I, too, could not care less about "American Idol."

    However, I am a sucker for the dancing on "So You Think You Can Dance" (NOT the human interest stories nor the ripping from the judges, just the talent show part).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to find another musician out there that could care less about American Idol.

    But I do have to agree with Kelly on the So You Think You Can Dance. I really like that show. As a person that is learning how to dance it's nice seeing professional dancers compete. At least they have some talent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know, I haven't actually watched an episode of "So You Think You Can Dance" - I'll have to catch it this season and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete