Baby Travels...Baby Steps

I travel a lot - both for work and pleasure. I was out of state, on average, twice a month in 2008. I didn't even go anywhere the last 4 months, between the end of my pregnancy and my maternity leave, and my travels still average to two trips per month.

My husband is no stranger to traveling, either. Both within the state and heading elsewhere, he's often driving or flying somewhere himself.

What I'm trying to say, here, is that we're both very much used to packing up and heading out.

On Friday, we're flying out (at 0-dark-30, by the way!) to Pennsylvania, where we'll visit with my mother for the next ten days. (An example from my travel schedule - we fly back to Texas on the 13th and I get on another plane to SJC for the day on the 14th.) We're good at packing; we're good at planning; we're great at traveling.

But preparing to take the kiddo away for 10 days is seriously wrecking my brain.

My first packing list included EVERY item of baby stuff that in my house.

Which is a lot.

Including stuff she's already outgrown.

Ok, that's an exaggeration, but you get my point!

My second packing list feels way too short, but still includes EVERY bottle we own, and enough toys and blankets to start an orphanage.

I'm not sure if it's the prospect of traveling with the baby that has me stressed, or if it's the fact that we're going to be gone for so darn long.

But I'm struggling, here!

How did you prepare for your kiddo's first big trip? I'd love to hear ideas from other moms!

1 comment

  1. How did we prepare? Three big luggages just for him, not to mention the stroller—then one small one for me and my wife.

    Seriously.

    Mike
    http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com

    Twitter: AboutParenting

    ReplyDelete