Manic Monday #2

These are fun questions! Good way to start the week.

If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be and why?
Siblings. Being an only sucks BIGTIME. It sucked when I was a kid and was so alone so often and it sucks even worse no with two aging parents, one of whom has Alzheimers, and no one to help. I mean, Chris is great, but he has his own parents to think about. You can bet that we will move heaven and earth to ensure that our future family has more than one child in it.

Do you think that the world will be a better or a worse place 100 years from now?
Both. Morality is, in a word and pardon the French, fucked. Morals have continued to decline in every generation but the process seems to have excessively speeded up during the 90s and today. The line of acceptability keeps drawing nearer to the ridiculous. If this decline doesn't totally screw humanity, however, there'll be great changes as well, in medical technology as well as technology in general. Irregardless (or regardless...whichever you prefer!) I'm hoping I'm not around to see that bad parts but live long enough to see the good developments.

At the beginning of a relationship, do you trust your new partner unless there is something specific to make you do otherwise, or do you withhold your trust until he/she has earned it?
Hmm...to some degree, I withhold trust. However, I never dated someone unless I knew quite a lot about their background. If they weren't already a friend, I'd run background checks and do Google searches...I'm the paranoid sort. If something didn't add up, I walked away. I'm not the type to think that inconsistencies will work themselves out - they won't. If someone looks hinky, they most likely ARE hinky, and I just don't need that in my life. Chris obviously passed all of my gauntlet tests with flying colors - I actually found some of his police agency test scores in checking his background and knocked his socks off when I mentioned it! He also passed the most important test - my pets liked him from day one. Which, for my snobby pets, says a ton.

4 comments

  1. My son is an only and he swears that he loves it that way. Isn't that funny?

    I agree with you on #3-- a background check is just being cautious!

    Thanks for playing and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answers! And isn't it amazing how on track our pets can be when it comes to people? This is my first time doing Manic Monday. If you'd like to read my answers they can be found here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers. I always trust my cats' instincts when it comes to new people. They're naturally shy with strangers, but if they start hissing and spitting, I know I've introduced them to a wrong 'un (it's only happened twice). Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete