Happy Halloween

I love seeing all the kiddos on Halloween! I'm so glad we got a few this year.

The official tally:
(7 PM - 8 PM ~ I didn't get home until 6:55 and it totally died off after 8, finally shut outdoor lights off at 9, and then still got 3 more!)

Little kids (0-6) - 8
Medium kids (6-12) - 4
Big kids (12-18) - 5
Adults - 1 - yes, this ballsy mother did have her OWN pumpkin in which she was collecting treats. I was floored...and yet I gave her a treat!

The costumes: Spider Man, Dracula, Ninja, Power Ranger, Witch, and a whole bunch who didn't bother to dress up or who weren't memorable enough for me to list.

I think it would have made their little minds explode if I'd asked them to do a trick. I did that in Arlington one year and just stumped the kids. You want a treat? Do a trick, dang it! The kids that really piss me off are the ones with NO COSTUME AT ALL. Uh, hello? Have you missed all of the commercialization of this pagan festival? Dress up, dang it! For very little cash - read, none - you can at least dress up as SOMETHING!

And when did adults start trick or treating with their kids? Accompanying them is one thing - but getting treats for themselves?!

And I guess no one does Unicef anymore, huh? I laid in a stock of coins just for that, but not one kid had the boxes we used to carry. Audrey Hepburn would be disappointed. I know I am.

Oh, well...all in all, a fun night helping parents incur dentist bills, and ensure my husband doesn't add to his waist line by having to eat the leftovers! :-)

Post a Comment