Too Too Tuesday

No MeMe today - sorry! :-) I didn't find one that I liked with a Tuesday theme. I guess that means I actually have to write something original, huh?

I had a very long day - and it's only 6:45! My alarm went off at 4:25 this morning, and by 6:10, I was on a plane headed to DCA, Ronald Reagan National Airport. This was a tagalong trip for me - since I'm still so new to my team at American, I'm still learning the ropes. I'm about to be permanently assigned as the Internal Consultant to the Joint Leadership Team in San Jose, CA and so today's trip was to see another city's JLT in action. I sat in on a phone call for the Minneapolis JLT a few weeks ago (I'll be covering that city, as well, temporarily, for the next few months) but I wanted to get an idea of how other cities ran their JLTs as well.

I was very impressed with DCA - just like MSP - despite anything the media would have you believe about the horrible relations between American Airlines workgroups, on an airport level, everyone really does play nicely in the sandbox. The meeting wrapped up in just over an hour and the IC and I had a bite to eat before boarding our plane back home. Lots of flying for such a short meeting, but I'm glad to have gone!

I got back just in time to meet my husband at the airport - his flight arrived just minutes before mine, on his way back from visiting family in Kansas. With dinner in the oven, I thought I'd take two minutes to post!

Writing - got a bit done on the plane today, but honestly, not a lot. That's ok...I'm not going to pressure myself this week. Beating myself up for not achieving certain threshholds is not going to make me a better writer...I need to continuously remind myself that I already have a 40+ hour a week job, plus additional sidelines such as judging speech and debate and my Pampered Chef business...it's not like I sit on my butt doing nothing with my time...but I can't help but feel inadequate when I set a writing goal and do not meet it. If only there were more hours in the day, right?

I've got NaNoWriMo on my mind today...Patti is considering working on the sequel to her soon-to-be-released novel, The Daddy Spell, during NaNo and so I've got my own proposed project on my mind. I just posted to my writing board that, with 10 days to go until November, I'm already un-optimistic about succeeding...and that's just a crappy attitude to have, isn't it?? If I go into November with such a crappy attitude, it'll be like a self-fulfilling prophecy and of course I'll fail.

NaNo sets the goal of 50,000 words over the 30 days of November, but I just don't feel like 50k will do justice to the project I have in mind...I'd rather shoot for at least 75k...which would mean 2500 words per day IN ADDITION to everything else I already do and my mother-in-law arriving for the winter and two work trips and, oh yeah, THANKSGIVING! ARGH! But then I think about it like this...if I can set a schedule for just adding on to my NaNo work and actually observe that EVERY SINGLE DAY, it's really not that unrealistic, right!? I've been working on schedule ideas, so I'm just going to go work harder now to get something into place. Perhaps I'll take a little pressure off myself and call it NaNoWriMoMo and do November AND December...now there's a thought...

Anyhow, I'm definitely rambling by now. Hope all is well with my readers!

Tiffany

2 comments

  1. I'm in for NaNoWriMo. Failure is not an option! Plus, you have to remember that anything you write is better than no writing. You and I need to talk, too. You are being followed by an OVERSCHEDULING Dragon that is defeating your objectives. Go to MargieLawson.com, click on lecture packets and spend $20 on Defeat Self-Defeating Behavior. It'll be the best $20 you ever spent and will have a huge impact on your writing time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She also offers this workshop in January online - Writers Univ, I think.

    ReplyDelete