Today's Accomplishment

Other than having several successful and productive meetings today, and now heading off to a doctor's appointment (more on that later over at the baby blog), I had a huge accomplishment today.

I've been procrastinating on submitting expense reports. For, like, six months. And in the meantime, I've bought lunch for several meetings, hosted several training events, and taken more than several trips. And since I got burned by my corporate account twice...I've been financing my work expenses out of my checking account. Um, ouch.

So today, I filed EIGHTEEN expense reports, totalling damned near to $1k. My boss quickly approved them as they hit his email (everything here is automated) and so I should have the money in my account (again, automated) by the middle of next week, after our accounting department receives my receipts through our interoffice mail tomorrow and audits for accuracy.

YAHOO for money. Now...it's all spoken for already. Most of it will be going into my savings account, where I'm stockpiling enough money to offset missing six paychecks at year's end due to baby. (I'm not really counting on my OSTD as pay...it's not that high so that'll just be extra baby cash.) After putting that over into savings, I'll be that much closer to having all of my time off paid for...just a few more writing jobs and I think I'll actually be set. SO exciting.

Big accomplishment. I'm rather proud.

2 comments

  1. Wow, I would never have been able to cover those costs on my own, and when I was working we were lucky to get expenses approved, which was not fun with the gas prices. Oh well.
    You sound so excited about the baby, I need to get that blog in my reader now so I can keep up to date. I'll have to sew some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, but until I filed my reports yesterday, I never realized that I'd paid for that much out of my own pocket. Of course, if I had to pay for $1k worth of anything all at once, my heart would pretty well stop. But spread out from early February through this week, it all came out in dribs and drabs...and so missing $40 or $100 per event or trip didn't really upset my budget much...but my God how that added up!!

    We are sooooooooo excited about baby! I can't believe we're within 100 days now!!!!! I need to get sewing, too. I am making patchwork curtains and am still in the cutting squares phase instead of the piecing together phase, and I have 6 panels to make to cover 7 foot high windows, so I'd better hurry up!!!!!

    ReplyDelete