September Sadness

As we head into October (only 7 shopping days left until my birthday...), I am reflecting on two events from September that have left me saddened.


The selfish and self-serving movie stars of today would do well to take a page from the book of Paul Newman, who not only dedicated part of his life to military service but also a huge chunk of his later life to philanthropy. The world loses a great man with the passing of Paul Newman, not just for his contributions as an actor but for his goodness as a human being.


It's like deja vu all over again...Yogi Berra says good bye to Yankee Stadium as the historic landmark hosts its last game. *Sob* I'm almost as sad as I was a couple years ago when the Phillies said good bye to the Vet. I hate that in our disposable society, we always prefer the new and shiny to the old and trusted.

1 comment

  1. It will be the saddest day ever if they do away with Fenway...but I have a feeling that will never happen.

    It would be a shame if Wrigley were abandoned too.

    ReplyDelete