New Week, New Goals

Holy cow - my baby is 18 days old!

Just had to start with that - it just amazes me that so much time has gone by since she was born - it hardly seems possible!

She's doing very well now - we seem to have all of her health issues licked and she's started to settle into routines. So as she settles into new routines, I am working to do the same.

My husband is returning to work on Wednesday. Initially, he was going to take off through Thanksgiving, but because he's transferred districts for his job (from one 30 miles away to one a 1/2 mile away), he's finding that he feels guilty about them being a bit short handed. So he's going to work two weeks and then take the following two weeks off while his dad and step-mom are here.

I'm actually ok with him going back early - it'll help me to get into my own routine, as well. And what does that routine include?

Well, I'm working my way back to picking up more writing work, plotting out how to re-attack some of my long-neglected fiction, developing a blogging schedule, rebuilding a few websites I own, and checking in every so often with my full-time job to stay connected as I continue to be out on leave through early January. Sounds like a lot, doesn't it?

It really isn't. The schedule I'm developing (I can't live without spreadsheets and schedules) is entirely built around the Little Miss, but still allows plenty of time to tackle my own projects while she's sleeping...which she's still doing a LOT of.

But until my little routine actually gets going, I'm feeling a bit frazzled...and so it's another Manic Monday! How's life in your world?

1 comment

  1. Just remember this...Little Miss may adapt to a schedule one day and the next throw you for a complete loop....babies are notorious for that. Is she still small, would 0-3 months fit her? If so I have something for her, just email me so i can mail it out next week.
    How was your first day without daddy home?

    ReplyDelete