First Fabulous Friday

This is our First Fabulous Friday with our new little one, Catherine Elizabeth. I'm sitting here in my hospital room, where my baby is propped against my belly a la a pillow, my husband is passed out in the cot next to me, and I'm on the internet blogging...how full is my life? :-)

This has just been the best experience - minus the 1 hour and 40 minutes between when the doctor broke my water and my epidural set in! We've had a bunch of visitors, gotten flowers and baskets from both of our jobs as well as other friends, and Catherine's gotten wishes of welcome through the internet from all over the globe. Life is way good!

We get to head home tomorrow. Discharge is "no later than" 1 PM but I think we're going to plan to leave earlier. Have to wait to get one last check up for me (let's not even discuss my massive swelling around my "little" tear) and one last check up for baby (who is doing WONDERFULLY!) and then they'll check out the car seat (which is funny since as a state police officer, my husband is also a certified car seat technician so I'm *pretty* sure the dang thing is in there just fine) and we'll head off. We're expecting Chris' aunt and uncle as well as his brother and his brother's girlfriend to visit either tomorrow or Sunday and then we'll begin the job of setting up our new routines in life!

I will be heading into my office for a *short* while on Monday to drop off my work laptop (someone else might as well use it while I'm out) and my budget work (Catherine came 1 day too early for me to finish beforehand) and my leave/disability paperwork. Chris will be heading into work for a *short* while probably on Wednesday to finish clearing out his stuff from his office (he's transferring from the Dallas office to the Fort Worth office) and to turn in his state vehicle since he'll get a different one from his new office. In between, Little Miss has her first pediatrician appointment on Tuesday morning - yay! So we already have a busy week on the horizon!

Hope all is well with you, dear reader! I look forward to sharing our journey with Catherine with you as she grows and our family evolves!

3 comments

  1. Oh honey, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I cannot wait to see some pics of her. auntie needs to start sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was she born on the 9th?
    Is so she shares my dad's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep - she sure was born on the 9th - the day after my own birthday! :-)

    ReplyDelete