Weighty Wednesdays

My original intent for Wednesdays was to post on the efforts that I am taking to get down to my target weight post baby.

But...without trying in the least (but breastfeeding a VERY HUNGRY baby, who is still gaining an ounce a day!), I reached my target weight about ten days after my child was born. Pre-pregnancy, I started out at 100 pounds. When we checked into the hospital on October 8th, I weighed in at 150. On the 11th, when I was released to come home, I was down to 138, after delivering a 7 pound 7 ounce child. By October 20th, I was down to 120! Yee-haw!

And yes, 120 was my target weight - it's what my doctors have wanted to see me at for years, based upon my body type and height - but what I was never able to achieve because of my hyperthyroidism.

Better yet, I haven't loss any weight since then, so it seems my body knew not to let me lose too much weight. Better yet!

But that doesn't mean my job is over! My hips and butt have taken a majority of this extra weight, added to my pooch of a tummy. So it's time to start firming up!

I have my four-week check up with both my OB/GYN and my endocrinologist on Thursday (tomorrow). With their approval, I'll begin my new weight training regimen ASAP.

To remind you, I'd already chosen P90X as my preferred post-baby workout. It's great, because it's not meant for losing weight, but for kicking yourself into shape.

I'm going to go ahead and order my copy of the workout DVDs and equipment by week's end so I can get started soon...ideally the Monday before Thanksgiving. (Theoretically, I will be getting my wisdom teeth out next week if my consultation goes well...so I don't want to start until after that.)

I invite you to follow along with my Weighty Wednesday posts, where I'll tell you each week what I like and don't like about P90X and give my own tips for firming up after being pregnant.

2 comments