Thursday Thirteen #19

Happy Fourth of July Weekend, ya'll!

In light of the coming three-day weekend, I thought I'd devote today's list to one of my favorite holidays: Independence Day!

Thirteen "Favorites" For the Fourth of July

  1. Grilled hot dogs - oh so unhealthy, but oh so yum!
  2. Pool parties - splish splash and relax...
  3. Going to the lake - little road trips to watery destinations are just the ideal 4th!
  4. Patriotic songs - guaranteed to make me tear up. Guaranteed.
  5. Parades,
  6. Marching bands,
  7. and ceremonies - more tears. Love these events.
  8. Red, white and blue - I think our nation's colors are just so striking - thanks, Britain!
  9. Time with family and friends - Independence Day is best shared with others.
  10. Baseball games - for some reason, games are just more fun on holidays!
  11. Da Beach - Growing up, we were down the shore nearly every 4th - I miss that!
  12. Grilled hot dogs - pregnant ladies get to mention food twice. I'm hungry even now!
  13. FIREWORKS - seriously, now. The 4th wouldn't be complete without a light show!
Have a wonderful holiday, everyone!

7 comments

  1. Lots of fun for the 4th! Enjoy the festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be out buying fireworks tonight, in addition to the shows we do our own over the weekend.
    Great TT, thanks for stopping by mine...I have 32 editions of WI Vanity plates ready for TT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Fourth. In honor of your condition, you get as many helpings of hot dogs as you want. Grilled is the only way. I wish street vendors would grill!

    This holiday chokes me up, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFLMAO! Hot dogs are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like #9 the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for hotdogs! YUM! We eat buffalo hotdogs so we can tell ourselves that we are getting our Omega 3s! ;)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most excellent list! Great minds think alike!

    Grilled or roasted over a campfire..hot dogs can be oh so good! Only for special occasions..lol.

    ReplyDelete