Mom's House, Part Two

Oy. That about covers it. Here's a recap of my PA Tweets:Mom's house, day 1 AM: 20 brown bags of recyclable paper filled so far.
  • Mom's house, day 1 PM: basement family room 90% completed - good. Garbage and recyclable paper drenched during downpour - bad.
  • Mom's house, day 2: Morning was fairly productive. Then mom decided to stop playing along. Yay. Progress = FAIL.
  • Mom's house, day 3: today's agenda will be similar to Sherman's march to the sea: slash and burn!
  • Mom's house, day 4: my mother informed my husband on what a terrible person I am and advised him to kick my butt. This is officially my worst PA trip ever.
  • Mom's house, day 4: productivity = zero; psychotic outbursts = increasing. She's just advised my husband to paddle me. Countdown to my escape to Texas.
  • I'm watching Chris and a Lowe's employee tie sheetrock and plywood to the roof of our rented Honda Accord...shoulda got the "kill this car" insurance.
  • Going to buy a lottery ticket. Because after today, my luck is bound to get better!
  • Twitter on my cell phone used to cut me off at 140 but no longer does, so I'm suffering from technology truncation! Argh!
  • Mom's house, day 5: ceiling to fix, painting to do, and still 2 major areas of the house to square away.
  • Mom's house, day 6: last day. Painting in AM, quick visit with cousins around lunch, then finishing touches. Leaving for PHL at 2AM.
  • Shady Pines, Ma. Shady Pines.
  • Blowing the popsicle stand known as Scranton and heading HOME to Texas...on the highway heading to PHL!
  • I am so grateful to be back in Texas that I could almost get down and kiss the ground!

Post a Comment