A Good Check Up

I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease in 2001. It was a diagnosis a long-time in the making, as I'd suffered the various symptoms of the thyroid ailment for years prior.

Grave's Disease (and a note here to say that it's actually "Graves Disease" or "Graves' Disease" but somehow, I can't stop myself from typing it the other way) is a disease of relapse and remission. You can have it flair up and be treated for months or years, only to have it remain manageable without medication for months or years. There is a "permanent" solution for the illness as well, but it's not a good fix for me.

In any case, I've had iffy bloodwork, even on medication, for the past two years. A lot of that is related to being pregnant and then breastfeeding - my med levels had to be juggled a bit so as not to affect the baby. But the bloodwork that just came back today looks GREAT, I've gained 5 pounds, and my doctor is really pleased.

YAY!

Post a Comment