Thursday Thirteen #21


Thirteen Favorites About October


  1. It's time for the playoffs in baseball...and the PHILLIES have made it to post-season again this year, so you KNOW who I'll be rooting for!
  2. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase is on in full force - GO DALE!
  3. How 'bout some football? (Go 49ers!) I don't get into all that college and high school madness for which Texans are famous, but professional football rocks! (I'm in a fantasy league that my husband talked me into joining...all the other members are police officers from around the state...but guess who has the most points and the ONLY 4-0 record?? Yeah, I rock.)
  4. Hallowe'en is coming! I love handing out candy to Trick-or-Treaters! (Although I'm always disappointed that no one wants to do tricks for me!)
  5. Hallowe'en candy - this really deserves it's own separate blog post...it's one of the only times of year that I indulge my sweet tooth!
  6. Haunted Houses - yes, yes, I love being scared! I especially love Fort Worth's haunted warehouse!
  7. Texas October weather - although summer is still my favorite time of year, we're lucky enough here in Texas that the warm weather holds over nicely through the end of October!
  8. Delaware Water Gap and changing colors. This is a little area on the New Jersey/Pennsylvania border that always has the most gorgeous color changes.
  9. The elections are fast approaching - don't forget to register and vote!
  10. It's breast cancer awareness month, and my company/office is participating, as usual, in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure over in Dallas on October 18th, 2008. Hmm...that date also sounds familiar...could it be that...
  11. The due date for our little Catherine is fast approaching! We thought there was a chance she'd be a September baby, but she's still snugly tucked inside.
  12. Many family birthdays - both in my family, as well as in my husband's. In fact, today is my brother-in-law's! Birthdays are fun! Go visit my cousin Nicki - her birthday is October 7th, which is the day before...
  13. My birthday! Don't forget to come back on October 8th and wish me a happy 28th this year!
Happy Thursday Thirteen, ya'll!


8 comments

  1. I don't like October/November ! December is a little better because of Christmas time !

    ReplyDelete
  2. RE: Halloween candy. I love candy corn...the only time I'll eat it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We mix candy corn and peanuts every October...that is our October snacky treat. LOL I love October as you already know by visiting my Thursday list.

    Yep, Texas is a perfect state for weather....unless way up north. I dislike snow...that's why we're way south. LOL

    Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Haunted Houses, too! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday a bit early... and maybe your little Catherine is holding out to share your birthday?

    My list is up here. Stop by if you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. October 8 - only a week from now - you have BD;)
    My daughter have hers on Oct 9 and my mother on Oct 12 (89).

    Hipp hipp hurray for October Girls

    ps. My presant is a Norwegian Autumn Dinner Recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tiff.....I'm happy for you and the Phillies in the playoffs,unfortunately so are my beloved Red Sox....sorry...It's not that us New Englander's are greedy about championship titles.......it's just.....well.....We want More!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY

    ReplyDelete