She's Got the Look

So, uh, I'm working on another redesign here. And at How to Have a Baby.

Yeah, I know, I just did that in May.

But it's not going to be major - I promise. I'd originally chosen this new template because I wanted to attempt to increase my ad space and see if I could tweak my blog to make a few more pennies than I already had been. Well...those cute little ads on the side just aren't getting many hits. My adsense modules have actually started getting a lot more attention - my revenue there has picked up considerably at both this blog and HTHAB, according to my channels on Google. But anything non-Google just doesn't seem to have a draw. That's ok. I get it. I ignore ads unless they really grab me, too. So those little 125 x 125 blocks are going bye bye. Why bother annoying you with them when they're not doing any of us a lick of good?

I may play with ad schemes here and at HTHAB in the future, but for now, Google it is - with a bit of Amazon thrown in occasionally, and especially over at the book blog. For now, I'm simply pleased that my traffic here has picked up significantly - some before I joined EntreCard, and a whole lot in the week since.

As far as monetization, I'll stick with being more agressive on the sites I'm about to launch that are not personal in nature. Those are the kind of sites where I've made decent money in the past, so if it ain't broke...

Thanks for indulging my sidebars while it lasted. In the future, you'll instead see widgets like "Recent Comments" and "Recent EntreCard Droppers" and such. Should make for much faster page load time as well.

Any suggestions/feedback/thoughts?

Tiffany

Post a Comment