Weekend Recap and Goals 10/29

Hey, ya'll!

It's only technically Monday at this point - middle of the night Monday - but I'm trying to get a head start before heading to bed on recapping last week and getting ready for this week. So here it is...

Last week's goals:

1. Give the ol' Web site one last lookie-loo and post the sucker. I know that I'll revise as time goes by, but after so long, I'll just be happy to have the dang thing posted! (Monday)
Like I just told Patti today, it's completed...I was waiting on a friend of mine to give me a link to her site and she hemmed and hawed and finally said she'd prefer not, so now I just have to post what I've got. Not sure why I haven't yet...it's not hard. Just haven't. Will work on this coming week. (Not adding to goals list, just will get the dang thing done!)
2. 10 freelance articles (Ongoing)
Got it.
3. Outline for DNA - I keep putting this off, and that's just not good, since NaNoWriMo is only 10 days away! (Wednesday)
Got it, to the extreme! Chris and I worked our butts off on this - 2 hours on Saturday, 90 minutes on Sunday. Not only do we have a FABULOUS outline, we also have character development and plotted out plot points. It rocks. Chris is awesome. I can't wait to start!
4. Continue sorting through attic storage boxes and finish setting office back up. (Tuesday and Thursday)
In progress. We're down several boxes and have thrown a lot away. I'm thinking one more good night's work will finish us off. For the office, I still have to rebuild a desktop but everything else is coming back into place well.
5. 1000 words each for The Mommy Letters and Going Home. (Whenever!)
Kinda...I did a bit of writing for each, but not quite a thousand words. I did, however, re-read all writing on both and make a whole bunch of edits.
6. Finish critting Palindrome for Lindsey. (Monday)
Didn't quite hit on Monday, but just posted today! Yay, Lindsey! Fun story!
7. Finish trim on bottom stairs. (Monday) (What can I say - I'm feeling ambitious today!)
Again, didn't happen on Monday, but got done on Saturday. All that remains for the stairs is plastering over the boo-boos that the carpeting hid.
8. Secure campground for NASCAR weekend.
Yeppers. No line, either. Primo spot. Near potties, but not toooo near.
9. Sell final NASCAR ticket - 1 is sold, 1 still hangs in the balance! :-)
Yeppers. Sold to Chris' new rookie partner. Glad it'll be someone we know.
10. Have a good week!!
Sure did. I had an excellent week.

What else I accomplished: press release for Patti and marketing plan leading up to her book release. Author interview with Patti, to be posted later this week to Associated Content. Started reading galleys for The Daddy Spell to post a review to ArsCompendium as well as possibly Associated Content. Girls night went well. Paid for and received Margie Lawson's Defeating Self-Defeating Behavior Lesson packet...looking forward to beginning to work through. Identified a few long-term freelancing opportunities to pursue. Like I said...it was a good week. Blogged 6 times in 5 days to my writing blog; 3 times in 5 days to my non-writing blog. Re-read two great books. Prepped for a very busy upcoming week at work.

Speaking of...this weeks goals:

1. Attend Fall Leaders Conference - every fall, American Airlines has a week of conferences for managers of a certain level and up. I'm one level too low on the totem pole and have no direct subordinates, so I ordinarily would not be able to attend, but because of my department and my boss, I'm not only going for one session, but all three! Setup Monday, prep Tuesday morning, first session kick-off Tuesday PM, last session wrap-up Friday AM. Then it's NASCAR time, baby!
2. NASCAR races - two times of year I live for. We're camping only Friday and Saturday nights this race...I have to be at work on Friday during the day, so we'll just head out Thursday night to stay a bit for quals and then head back out to set up our campground and get into the mania of it all Friday after lunch.
3. NaNo starts on Thursday - have I mentioned I'm excited? For this week, the goal is to write on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, with Sunday off for NASCAR. (I'm already prepped...have 3 spare batteries full charged so I can be up and running...probably won't find internet out there, but I'll be able to write!)
4. Post Patti's press release to a variety of free press release sites; publish Patti's author interview after rewriting from somewhat disorganized notes. (Oh, I'll admit I was just typing everything I heard so it's a mess right now and needs to become WAY more cohesive...my fault, not Patti's...I wasn't pre-prepped with questions, so the disorganization is on my end.)
5. Blog 5x for writing blog, 2-3x for non-writing blog. No weekends unless the spirit moves me.
6. Finish reading The Daddy Spell galleys for Patti and write/post book review.
7. 10 freelance articles.
8. Apply for a few identified ongoing freelance opportunties, including (fingers crossed!) About.com. (Excellent pay, mucho credibility)
9. Plastering on staircase; more organizing upstairs; finish rebuilding desktop.
10. Have a great week!

And I hope you'll all have excellent weeks as well!

Tiffany

Post a Comment